This may surprise you but, yes, Cate Blanchett really does know how to play the piano. She is a trained pianist. This helped in her role for the film "Tár" where she had to conduct an play. She also worked with some professional before this role to help fine tune her musical performances.
- 0:00 Cate Blanchett as Lydia Tár
- 2:10 Setting the scene
- 3:26 Bach's C major prelude
- 5:05 Impression #1: First-Year Piano Student
- 7:16 Impression #2: Schroeder playing for Lucy
- 9:48 Impression #3: Glenn Gould
- 12:15 Actors playing pianists
- 14:26 Tár's interpretation of Bach
- 17:54 Heinrich Schenker's Bach analysis
- 19:18 Philip Ewell's Schenker analysis
- 21:02 There's a twist
- 23:41 "It's not a film about result"