Pasquale making his traditional Italian meatballs using a mixture of beef and pork. These couldn't be easier.
- 1.5 lbs beef (chuck roast), ground
- 1.5 lbs. pork shoulder, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Start by preparing the meat for the meatballs. You can either use beef or pork, or both, as I do in this recipe. You can buy the meat already ground or you can ground it up yourself, which is what I prefer, using a meat grinder.
- Place the beef and pork into a big mixing bowl. Next add the rest of the ingredients and mix together using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Once mixed, roll golf ball sized meatballs and place one inch apart on a baking pan. If using pork in the recipe, there is no need to coat the pan since the pork has more fat that will keep the meatballs from sticking to the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the meatballs for 20-25 minutes.
- Once they are done, remove from the oven and serve with sauce for dipping or with a dish of pasta or on a roll. Salute and cin cin!