A fantastic chili recipe and so easy to make in your Instant Pot! It can be made with ground turkey, ground beef or ground chicken and it has the perfect blend of tomatoes, beans and spices.
- I lb ground beef ( or ground turkey if you’d like)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2-3 cans of kidney beans ( I used a mix of both light and dark kidney beans)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (use the variety of choice. I sometimes like to use tomatoes with jalapeños for a bit of kick)
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 can of beef broth
- Start by determining how you’d like to cook the ground beef. You can put the ground beef in the Instant Pot and cook for 30 minutes or
- You can turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function and cook the ground beef, similar to how you would if you were cooking it on the stove.
- Once the meat is fully cooked, turn the sauté function off and add onions, peppers, beans, tomatoes, beef broth, and seasonings to the Instant Pot.
- Mix all together.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, release the pressure by turning the valve in the back and serving hot.
NOTE: To kick it up we also add cajun seasoning to taste.