Peanut Brittle is a super easy candy you can make at home fairly quickly. You just need a couple ingredients.
- 4 cups sugar or brown sugar
- 4 cups peanuts
- pinch of salt (optional)
- You can roast the peanuts yourself by tossing them in a pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes first. It helps bring out all the oils and additional flavor.
- Instead of butter on your cookie sheet you could use parchment paper.
- You can kick this up a notch by melting some dark chocolate and pouring it over the top while it hardens. So you have a layer of the peanut brittle topped with a layer of chocolate. Let it sit until hard.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt on top of the chocolate before it hardens.
Now let's look at the Honey version. If you'd like you can substitute honey for light molasses.
- 1 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 cup honey or light molasses
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Honey Peanut Brittle
ONE FINAL TIP
If you're not a peanut fan OR you want to try something different. Swap out the peanuts with cashews.