Top a layer of cherry fudge with a layer of chocolate cola fudge to create this delicious Cherry Coke Fudge.
-Cherry Fudge Layer-
- 22 maraschino cherries
- 24 - 28 ounces white chocolate chips* (see note below)
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 6 drops cherry flavoring
NOTE: If using white confectionery coating chips (no cocoa butter listed in the ingredients) use 24 ounces, if using pure white chocolate (with cocoa butter listed in the ingredients) then use 28 ounces.
-Chocolate Cola Fudge Layer-
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 drops cola flavoring
-Cherry Fudge Layer-
- Cut the maraschino cherries into quarters.
- Pat the cherries really dry using paper towels. Set them aside.
- Combine the white chocolate chips and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Heat in the microwave at 70% power for 1 minute then remove and stir.
- Heat for an additional 45 seconds at 70% power then let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove and stir just until the chips begin to melt.
- Stir in the maraschino cherry juice and cherry flavoring.
- Add the chopped maraschino cherries.
- Spread the fudge into a non-stick tin foil or parchment paper-lined 8-inch square pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
-Chocolate Cola Layer-
- Stir together the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Heat at 70% power in the microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds then let the bowl rest in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir until the chips melt then add 8 drops of cola flavoring.
- Spread in an even layer over the cherry fudge.
- Cover and let rest at room temperature for about 8 hours or chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours until firm.
- If needed, let the fudge sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cutting the fudge into 36 squares.
NOTE: Melting chocolate in the microwave really is quick. You can do it as listed OR what I do is 30 seconds on high. Stir for about 30 seconds. Then microwave another 30 seconds on high. Stir for about 30 seconds or so one last time. That should do it. Just twice in the microwave. The difference is they account for various microwaves. Trying to make sure it doesn't burn on you.