Ever since Lupita Nyong’o’s Oscar-winning breakthrough role in 12 Years A Slave, the actor has masterfully harnessed red carpet fashion as a way to express herself.
There have been powerful nods to her heritage over the years, like when she paired an African-style head wrap with a colorful Carolina Herrera gown. Or when, for her second Vogue cover, she returned to her ancestral homeland in Kenya and donned a Chanel dress. Watch as the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever actor reflects on some of her most memorable red carpet moments.
- 00:00 - 2011 - Yale School of Drama
- 01:10 - 2014 - Golden Globes
- 01:46 - 2014 - Academy Awards
- 03:08 - 2014 - NAACP Awards
- 03:57 - 2014 - Met Gala
- 05:14 - 2014 - Vogue Cover
- 06:33 - 2016 - Queen of Katwe Premiere
- 07:22 - 2016 - Vogue Cover
- 07:51 - 2019 - Us
- 08:11 - 2019 - Met Gala
- 08:47 - 2020 - Black is King
- 09:37 - 2021 - Met Gala
- 09:57 - 2022 - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever