This chili oil is not only delicious, but it also makes a great dipping sauce for rice, noodles, vegetable, dumplings and potstickers.
- 1/2 cup chili flakes
- 1/2 cup gochugaru
- 2 tbsp sesame seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 cup oil
- In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until it reaches about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to let it smoke or burn.
- While the oil is heating, prepare a heatproof container to hold the chili oil. Combine all the ingredients except for the soy sauce.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully pour it over the chili mixture in the heatproof container.
- Then add in the soy sauce, stir the mixture gently with a spoon to ensure all the ingredients are evenly coated with the oil.
- Allow the chili oil to cool completely at room temperature. As it cools, the flavors will infuse into the oil, creating a rich and spicy condiment.
- Once cooled, you can store the Chinese chili oil in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to several