This classic Macaroni Salad recipe is quick and straightforward to make. Made with chopped vegetables and pasta tossed with a creamy flavor-packed dressing, this macaroni salad is perfect for your next potluck or picnic.
For the Salad:
- 8 ounces dried macaroni pasta
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot diced
- ½ cup pickles finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
For the Dressing:
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or other herbs (chives, basil) chopped
For the salad:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions or until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
For the dressing:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pickle juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined. Stir in the chopped herbs. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Cover and let stand for 1 hour before serving or chill for up to 4 days. Best if made and refrigerated overnight before serving.