Ready to make some cucumber tea sandwiches that taste as good as they look? These gorgeous show-stoppers of a tea sandwich are perfect for brunches, showers, and tea parties!
- 1 1/2 package (12-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced thin
- 2 (1 pound) loaves sliced white bread (preferably from the bakery), crust removed
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, chives, salt, onion powder, dill, and pepper to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Using a handheld mixer, mix on medium speed until smooth and well combined. This can be made and kept refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
- To assemble the sandwiches, begin by very lightly buttering each slice of bread all the way to the edges. Then, spread a scant tablespoon of the dill sauce across each slice of bread. Reserve/use any leftover spread as a vegetable dip, if desired.
- Divide the sliced cucumber over half of the bread slices, slightly overlapping them. Top with the remaining bread slices and cut into triangles or rectangles. Serve and enjoy!