Jelly nougat candy is a white nougat with colored jelly pieces. Each color of jelly adds a unique flavor and texture to the sweet base nougat flavor.
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 10-ounce bags Mini Marshmallows
- 2 bags White Chocolate Chips approx. 4 cups
- 2 cups Dots candy (about 4 boxes)
- Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with cooking oil spray. Lay parchment both ways so that it comes over the edge of the pan. This will help make it easy to lift out later for cutting.
- Place marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute. Stir and return for another minute. Stir well until combined with butter.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir. Return to microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until a smooth, sticky mixture is achieved. NOTE: This is very sticky!
- Add in gumdrops and stir well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly. Place a piece of parchment on the top and using your hands, spread the mixture to an even level. Leave the parchment on top. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least two hours. Overnight is better.
- When chilled, remove from pan using the parchment to help you. Peel the parchment from the block of nougat.
- Place on a cutting surface and using a very sharp knife or a metal bench scraper, cut into 1-inch squares. It helps to heat the knife under hot water then wipe it dry before making each cut.
- Store nougat squares in a sealed container in the refrigerator for freshness until ready to gift or serve.
- These can be made in advance and stored, well-sealed, in the freezer for up to three months.