Anytime I can find a mixture of salt and chocolate, I jump on it. These cookies/candies are rich but wonderful. If you are not a big fan of chocolate, or want these a little less sweet, leave the chocolate off.
- 10 ½ ounces corn chips
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large bar of milk chocolate
- In a greased 10 x 15 inch pan, place the corn chips.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Pour this over the chip and smooth level.
- Place the chocolate bars in a single layer over the hot mixture and wait a few minutes until the heat melts them and then smooth the chocolate out to form a thin layer. Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
Here is another rendition of the same style but shorter demonstration.
- Family size Fritos Scoops
- 1 ¼ cup Corn Syrup (Karo syrup)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag semi sweet choc chips
- Place Fritos on lined cookie sheet, scoop side up mostly.
- Cook peanut butter and corn syrup together in medium saucepan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, bubbly around edges.
- Pour over Fritos.
- Melt chocolate, either on cooktop or in microwave and pour over all!!