Whip up a batch of homemade toffee in about 15 minutes using your Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, or your stove! It's super easy and no thermometer is needed!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter salted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tsp fine grind sea salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Measure out all of the ingredients and prep the 9x13 pan by lining it with parchment paper. I usually spritz the pan with a bit of oil to help the parchment stay in place.
- Turn the sear/sauté on high and add in the butter and sugar. If using unsalted butter, see recipe notes. Stir occasionally while the butter and sugar are melting.
- When the butter and sugar begin boiling, you will want to stir constantly. You can decrease your heat if you think you need to, it will just take longer to get to the color and consistency you want.
- You will see the mixture start to form bigger bubbles and it will turn from a pale yellow to a light tan and then it will begin to thicken and even bigger bubbles and turn a light mocha color. This is how you know it's done. Or you can use a candy thermometer and when it reaches 300°F/149°C it is done. Turn off the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot or Stove.
- Quickly add in the vanilla extract and the salt (if you didn't before). Stir to combine and immediately pour the toffee mixture into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top and cover with foil for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the toffee. Place the pan in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Remove and lift the toffee out of the pan using the parchment paper. Break up into pieces and enjoy!