Pagan Yule stories & history. Yule runs from December 21 to January 1.
Yule is a festival historically observed by the Germanic peoples. Scholars have connected the original celebrations of Yule to the Wild Hunt, the god Odin, and the pagan Anglo-Saxon Mōdraniht. During Christianisation, Yule was reformulated, whereupon the term Christmastide came to predominate in English.
Yule, or the original 12-day solstice festival celebrated thousands of years before Christmas, is considered one of the oldest celebrations of wintertime in the world.
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:23 What are we doing in today's witch vlog?
- 00:59 Walk through a winter wonderland
- 01:47 Yuletide and the wild hunt
- 02:53 Christmas traditions and their pagan origin
- 03:57 Bavarian / Austrian Christmas figures with pagan roots
- 05:26 Warming up with Spiced Orange tea
- 06:23 Simple kitchen witch spell for winter days
- 07:12 Thor's connection to the winter solstice
- 09:54 Pagan kitchen witchery: Thomas wheels / Yule wagon recipe
- 12:25 When to cut your Yule tree according to the Lunar calendar
- 14:17 Getting our tree
- 15:02 Christmas ornaments and their pagan origins
- 16:40 Ideas for an enchanted witchy Yule tree
- 18:30 Decorating for Christmas and Yule