The ultimate condiment Thai people cannot live without. It is used to enhance the flavour of any dish that feels a little flat. Try it on anything - Thai or not!
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped Thai chilies, see note
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- ½-1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced shallots, (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. If adding garlic and/or shallots, allow to sit for at least 10 minutes to infuse.
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped Thai chilies,3 Tablespoons fish sauce,½-1 Tablespoon lime juice,2 cloves garlic,2 Tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
Any other kind of spicy chilies will also work, and you can add as much or as little as you like depending on how spicy you want it. Use a mix of red and green for a nicer presentation.