This pickled jalapeño recipe makes the best crunchy, spicy pickled jalapeños with a touch of sweet. Ready in only 10 minutes and so easy to make! Top your tacos, nachos and so much more!
- 5-6 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1 tablespoon honey or use sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- First, slice your batch of jalapeño peppers into rings and discard the stems. Stuff the jalapeno slices into a quart sized jar (Ball jar or Mason jar).
- Next, add the vinegar, water, honey, garlic, bay leaf, salt, Mexican oregano, and salt to a pot. Bring the brine mixture to a quick boil.
- Give it a quick stir, then remove the brine from heat. Cool slightly.
- Pour the brine into the jar over the jalapeno peppers. Secure with a lid and let come to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.