Learn how to make classic Louisiana hot sauce at home, either with fresh chili peppers. Louisiana style hot sauce is the best, and so easy to make! This recipe works with any type of peppers, and you can very easily customize to make your own signature blend.
- 1 pound red chili peppers use cayenne, tabasco, red jalapeno or others
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt or to your personal taste
- ½-1 cup white wine vinegar to your preference
- Roughly chop the chili peppers and add them to a pot with the salt and vinegar.
- Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool, then add to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Strain the solids out through a strainer and discard (or keep them for dehydrating – they make great seasonings).
- Pour into bottles and use as desired.