This fried cabbage is delicious and super easy to make with a few ingredients. It comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- Thick Cut Bacon (5-6 slices)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Better than bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1-2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- smoked paprika
- 1/2 packet Sazon
- salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Begin by removing the core of the cabbage and slicing it into your desired thickness. Dice your onion and chop the bacon as well.
- Over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy and remove with a slotted spoon. In the same pan, add your onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they start to get tender.
- Next, add your garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your cabbage and mix to combine. Season to taste with listed seasonings and add in your worcestershire, sugar, and vinegar.
- Add butter and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes on low.
- Cook, covered, checking occasionally, until cabbage is tender. Taste as you go and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add your bacon once the cabbage is tender and mix to combine. You can add sausage to this as well.