This guasacaca recipe is Venezuela's version of guacamole. A flavorful sauce made with ripe avocados, fresh herbs, chilies and more. So versatile.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 jalapeno peppers chopped (use bell pepper for a milder version)
- 1 shallot or small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and seed the avocados. Give them a rough chop and add them to a food processor or blender along with the peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro parsley, vinegar and lime juice.
- Process until fairly smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil a bit at a time with the processor running. Process until the avocado salsa becomes thick and creamy.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve!