This is a really easy dish to make when you're pressed for time or just too tired to cook. Only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish with no prep time at all and very little clean up.
- 1 lbs ground turkey, 93% lean
- 1 can Zucchini, italian style
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can of yellow corn, no salt added
- 3 Tbs chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 box cous cous
- Brown the ground turkey in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add a little water instead of oil to help it cook since there's very little fat. The water will evaporate off as it cooks.
- Once the meat is browned and water cooked off, add the canned tomatoes and the canned zucchini. Drain the water off the can of corn and add that as well.
- Finally add the chili powder and hot sauce (adjust both to your taste) and stir everything together. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionaly, while you prepare the cous cous - about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the cous cous per the package instructions. Slop the Glop over the cous cous like a sauce and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 5 servings.