These easy cheese pizza muffins are perfect for after school snacks or kids school lunch.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp (20g) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- 2 tsp (6g) minced onion
- 2/3 cups (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder (Aluminum-Free)
- 1/2 cup (50g) mozzarella cheese
- 6 tsp tomato sauce
- 30g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, egg, oil, salt, and minced onion together.
- Add flour, baking powder, and mix together.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until just combined.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin pan.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the muffin cups. Fill each cup to about 2/3 full.
- Top with tomato sauce, then sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to the preheated oven, (375F/190C), bake for 12-15 minutes; or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Eat warm.
- Instead of minced onion, you may add other spices if desired.
- Also use any toppings you desire.