Easy, creamy, spicy crawfish dip made with cream cheese that can be served warm or cold. Satisfying appetizer for parties, tailgates, holidays.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup green onion chopped, 8 green onions
- 1 cup bell pepper diced, 1 medium
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounce pimentos diced or sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed, room temperature
- 12 ounces crawfish tails rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-4 tablespoons water as needed
- fresh parsley or cilantro for serving
- In a medium skillet, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers and green onion, and sauté for 7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in spices, drained pimentos, and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir well until the cheese melts into the veggies. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the crawfish, and stir until completely coated.
- Pour in lemon juice, and stir well. Add in water, one tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving dish if desired (or serve in the skillet), and sprinkle with chopped parsley, cilantro, chives, or green onions.