The best part about this dish is that it only takes a few minutes to make! So, if you're ever in a hurry, for a quick family dinner, but still want to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal, Pasta Pomodoro is the perfect solution. You are going to love it!
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (the Chef used a Basil Olive Oil)
- 1/3 cup Onion diced very small
- 1 pound appro. Cherry or Campari Tomatoes cut in ½
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Basil Leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer instruction
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion and cook for a few minutes at medium heat until light golden brown. Add the garlic and when fragrant add the tomatoes and add some basil including the stems and cook at medium to low heat for 10/15 minutes.
- Using a potato masher mash the tomatoes and remove the stems of the basil. Add a few more basil leaves and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Grated some cheese on top of each plate.