Broiled salmon is a fast way to get a nutritionally dense dinner on the table. This recipe will become your favorite way to eat salmon. It only requires four ingredients and you will have a delicious and perfect heart-healthy meal for your busy weeknights.
- 12 oz wild salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- a squirt of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven on high broil. Place a cast iron skillet under a pre-heated broiler for ten minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and put the salmon fillet skin-side down on the heated cast iron pan.
- Pour olive oil on top of the salmon and season it with red pepper flakes, dry parsley, salt, and pepper. Place the cast iron back in the oven on high broil and cook for about 8 or 10 minutes.
- Before serving the salmon, top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s important to pay dry the salmon so it browns nicely instead of steaming in the oven.
- If you do not have a cast-iron skillet, use a sheet pan.
- To check if the salmon is cooked through, use an instant read thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 145°F at its thickest part.
- To store: Store leftover salmon in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: You can reheat salmon on the stovetop or microwave.
- To freeze: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag once the salmon fillets have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 4 months.