The holidays are just around the corner and no Thanksgiving is complete without some creamy, fluffy, cheesy mashed potatoes.
- 3 lbs potatoes about 9 medium size russet potatoes- boil with 1 1/2 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste I used 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup mozzarella, queso Oaxaca or parmasan
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese
TIP: Don’t want to bake them? No problem. Just melt the cheese with the mashed potatoes and mix in the bacon!