Also called "Lazy" Day Soup this soup has just 5 ingredients. Not counting the water. It could not be simpler.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 3/4 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 5 cups water
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- In a large soup pot, brown ground beef. Drain fat.
- Pour in water, onion soup mix and tomatoes with juice. Simmer for 1 hour on medium low.
- Add macaroni and frozen vegetables. Cook 15 minutes longer on medium heat. Serve hot.
- Add whatever seasonings you like. I added Thyme, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil, fresh Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, Slap Yo Mama, Salt and Pepper.
- Add whatever frozen vegetables you want. A 10 oz bag is 2 cups. This calls for 1 3/4 cups. Just put the whole bag in. Don't waste that quarter cup.
- I used Mild Italian Sausage instead of Beef. I can't eat beef. So use whatever you want. Just make sure it is 1 pound (or so if you want a little more meat).