Sweet, sticky and delicious Bourbon Chicken. Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 green onions chopped thinly for garnish
- Mix the soy sauce, stock, bourbon, brown sugar and spices in a bowl then set aside.
- Cut the chicken into half inch thick strips then cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with cornstarch so the pieces are coated.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the chicken in two batches. Cook on one side for about 3 minutes then flip. Do not move around, let it get nice and crispy.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and add about two tablespoons of oil to you pan add garlic and cook while moving constantly until fragrant. less than a minute.
- Pour in the sauce and use a wooden spoon to mix and deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil and cook for a minute then add the chicken back in and reduce to a simmer. Move the chicken to coat and cook until reduced by about half.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with rice.