With just three simple ingredients you can create an amazing fall dessert that everyone will love.
- 2x30 oz cans pumpkin pie filling — *NOT 100% pure pumpkin (see note below)
- 1x15.25 oz box spice cake mix
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (226g total)
- *optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- After greasing a 9×13 baking dish, dump the cans of pumpkin pie filling into the dish and spread it out evenly. If using pure pumpkin, first empty the cans into a bowl, add the sugar and spices, and then pour the filling into the baking pan.
- If you want to add extra cinnamon or other spices, sprinkle them on top of the pumpkin pie filling.
- Sprinkle the raw cake mix on top of the cobbler, and then use a fork or spoon to smooth it out.
- Slice 2 sticks of butter into small pads and lay them on top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 350F, uncovered, for 1 hour (60 minutes).
*This recipe requires pumpkin pie filling, which already has sugar and spices. If you accidentally buy cans of 100% pure pumpkin you can still make this recipe. Empty the cans into a bowl and then mix in:
- 1 cup light brown sugar (240g)
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other fall spices)