In this class, Maria will explain exactly what makes gelato different from ice cream, give you pro tips to make and serve outstanding gelato, and show you how to make a versatile gelato base you can turn into a variety of flavors. She will even show you how to make DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN gelato, a tasty variation everyone will love, whether they need to abide by a special diet or not.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:41 How Is Gelato Different from Ice Cream?
- 3:14 Do You Need an Ice Cream Maker?
- 5:42 Pro Tips to Make Gelato
- 7:45 Sicilian-Style Gelato Base
- 13:04 Fruit-Based Gelato (Fresh Blueberry Gelato)
- 15:37 Pistachio Gelato (Making Your Own Pistachio Paste)
- 18:43 Dark Chocolate Gelato
- 20:42 Making Vegan Gelato (Mango and Passion Fruit Gelato)
- 23:10 How to Serve Gelato (Creative Tips to Make Gelato Even Better)
- 25:23 Final Thoughts (Let’s Get Churning!)
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS
- Basic Ice Cream Maker (with removable, freezable bowls)
- Fancy Ice Cream Maker (with built-in compressor, no need to freeze bowls beforehand)
- Food Processor
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Whole Vanilla Beans
- Shelled Unsalted Pistachio Nuts
**As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.