You’ll love this easy snickerdoodle recipe! They’re soft and chewy, with a subtle tang and loads of warm cinnamon flavor. No need to refrigerate the dough, so they’re ready in about 20 minutes!
For the Cookies
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (330g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (226g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon-Sugar Coating
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (50g)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs on at a time beating well between each addition. Scrape down the bowl and mix in the vanilla
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Scrape the down down and mix in any remaining dry areas.
For the Coating
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out the cookie dough into 1½ tablespoons sized balls. Roll the dough in the palms of your hands to create smooth balls, then coat them in cinnamon sugar. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed and just starting to wrinkle around the edges. Let the cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.